My Blog List

Saturday, May 23, 2009

> An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard.
> I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home and was
> well taken care of.
>
> He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats on his head;
> he then followed me into my house, slowly walked down the
> hall, curled up in the corner and fell asleep.
>
> An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.
>
> The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside and resumed
> his spot in the hall and again slept for about an hour.
>
> This continued off and on for several weeks.
>
> Curious I pinned a note to his collar: 'I would like to find out who the
> owner of this wonderful, sweet dog is
>
> and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon your dog comes to my
> house for a nap.'
>
> The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different note pinned to his
> collar:
>
> 'He lives in a home with 6 children, 2 under the age of 3 - he's trying to
> catch up on his sleep.
>
> Can I come with him tomorrow?
>
>
>
>

No comments: