My Blog List

Friday, August 25, 2006

Positive, I know I said I would be positive. I just have to share this with you. I bank at Huntington Bank. They have a strange banking practice which is set up to make them more money. Here is an example of how it works. Lets say you have $2.00 in your checking acount. In their possesion they have your deposit for $100.00 and 2 check withdrawls for $25.00 each. They will process the two checks which will bounce the two checks. They will charge you $36.00 a piece for the bounce check which will then leave you a balance of -$70.00. They will then put in your deposit of $100.00 which will leave you with $30.00. They may then pay the two check which will still leave you in the negative. This has happened to me on a larger scale. This is their way of operating to make more money. When I contacted Huntington, they said they could do nothing because this is their way of doing business. Deposits are always counted last. This is the same Huntington that lost a night deposit that cost a women her job and sent her to jail. Huntington found the money a year later and has said sorry to the women. The deposit got caught in the mechinism of the night deposit, so it is not their fault. All they said was "sorry". That was all they did, except offer her a job.
Banks want to do business with people with lots of money. Huntingtons way of doing business shows that they are very concerned for their stock holders. Small accounts are an inconvienence which they have to put up with.

No comments: