My Blog List

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My heart goes out to those associated with the massacre at Virginia Tech. Once again, a person who is shunned by society lashes out with deadly consequences. No one ever believes that this can happen where you live, so we go on ignoring the problem. My prayers are not only for the victims and their families, but a prayer that this will not happen again. Unfortunately, our schools are breeding this kind of behavior. Everyone will look at the person who wants to be alone, and think that this person is the next killer. Teachers will pick out the students that they believe will be of danger, and thus hurts the innocent ones. After Columbine, everyone who wore dark clothes and were not popular were ostracized. Instead of drawing people together, people will be drawn apart.
I'm not saying that the killer was justified, I'm just saying that we can help stop this from happening. In school and in the work place I see lying, gossip, innuendos, and mockery for no reason. I see more people concerned more for themselves then helping others.
Take time in your prayers and examine yourself. Pray that you can be a beacon of light and hope, and not the problem.

No comments: