My Blog List

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I had the privilege to officiate a wedding on 7/7/07. This wedding was held at the JJRanch in Rothbury. Katy and Jim tied the knott. It was a small intimate wedding (150 people) next to a beautiful Golf club. The wedding was outside, and the weather was beautiful. Many emotions came back that day.I have been married to my bride for 25 years and I don't regret one of those days. The last time I stood on a golf course was with my father, about three years ago. The bride in this wedding I have known since she was a child. The brides parents have aged gracefully. My kids are all old enough to be married.
Time is passing us by. Our children are the future as we become the past. What have we , as a generation, left our kids. I don't believe that we have left them much, other then technical advances. What we have left them will be my topic on July 22 @ the Lakeside Lighthouse Chapel. Its called, "Faith of our Fathers".

No comments: