My Blog List

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

It's December, it's snowing, and it's cold. Winter has really roared in this year.
Liz was helping me this week and hurt her back. Just what she needs, one more thing to go wrong.
Cody had his first basketball game last night. This was the team that I coached last year, started up, and had it taken from me from a teacher who gets first choice. They lost, and Cody sat the bench. He is one of the top guards in the area, he worked hard to get his knee in shape after having his ACL replaced, and the coach says that he need to try harder. He missed two practices due to doctors appointment and court. I feel this was more directed at me in a effort to say that he is in charge. The coach has now gone as far as insisting that the team call him coach. It drives him crazy when I show up to pick up Cody and all the team members were still calling me coach. I have done everything in my power to butt out and not offer my opinion. My biggest question is, " This coach has pretty much the same team as last year." " He now has a home gym(all our game last year were on the road), new uniforms (home and away), a team bus, a larger basketball budget to buy more basketball and other equipment." They look worse then last year and have not improved at all. The Question is, "Should I be smiling or shaking my head in disbelief?"

No comments: