My Blog List

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Well, the stratus is home. After the accident, Staffords towing towed it to their yard in North Muskegon. The driver said he was only authorized to bring it to their garage. Then they were closed all weekend, and i couldn't get to the car until Monday($25.00 pr. day storage). Their bill to tow and store the car was $500.00. I asked them to get me a price for the car as scrap, and they said all they could get was $200.00. I paid another $65.00 to have it towed to our house and put it in the garage. This is now my project to put it back on the road. The engine runs fine, and the drive train seems to be in one piece. I have knock out the dent in the roof.
This is what needs to be done to get it back on the road
2001 Dodge Stratus SE coup 2 dr. (6 cyl)

1- Front grill work $173.00
2- Headlights $158.00 each
3- Drivers side front fender $198.00
4- Driver side mirror $69.76
5- Rear window $300.00
6- Oil change
7- Check starter
8- Change plugs
9- Alignment
10- Fix tires
11- Knock out rear driver side fender
12- Check underside and wheel wells and casing
13- Fix inside roof
14- Cover seats
15- Clean insides
16- Paint
The prices are retail prices for new pieces that I have found so far. I will be getting parts from a salvage yard where possible.

2 comments:

Clif Martin said...

Oh yes, those towing and storage places get rich real easy. I don't want to think of what it cost me to get back vehicles that my kids wrecked or abandoned.

dadderz said...

Cliff
You sound like you have many stories to share