My Blog List

Sunday, March 08, 2009

It seems a little strange, Sunday night and no chapel. This day was full of unusual happenings. First, this morning, it started by turning the clock forward. No big deal, except that I usually have to call Louie to remind him. This Sunday he is off driving his new truck. Last I heard was that he was in Oregon. This meant I had to fill in for him at Westwood. This also meant directing the choir while accompany on the piano. The service at Westwood has added a video screen so that people can sing the songs off the screen instead of the book. They are still getting the bugs out of the system and sometimes not all the words are on the screen. It almost like playing the organ during an old movie. I've never done that before but I've seen old footage of people doing that. The day's of the church organist or pianist are numbered because of the automation and electronics. Once again, computers are taking over the jobs of the musician, that is until the power goes out.

1 comment:

Clif Martin said...

Be sure to pick up a copy of the latest old fart paper, Senior Perspectives. I think you and Louie will relate to what I wrote.