My Blog List

Sunday, March 01, 2009

My list of favorite voices of radio has diminished with the passing of Paul Harvey. When as voice matches the personality of person, I call that a true art. I know when listening to that voice, I can trust him like my best friend. Paul Harvey was a friend to me, and million other people. I never met the man in real life, but I will miss him. I just watched an interview he did with Larry King, and it was wonderful.
My other two voices of radio that I deemed great, are still alive. My number two man behind Paul Harvey is Buck Matthews. Once again, a man who matches his voice. I have personally known and met Buck and his late wife.
My number three man, I have known for a few years. I never heard him on the radio, but have heard him speak many times. His name is Cliff Martin. He has that professional voice that only the men of radio have. Wisdom and sincerity are important in their delivery.
These men are the true genius of the lost art of radio.

1 comment:

Clif Martin said...

Thanks, my friend . I worked with Buck briefly at WDOG in Marine City after he got fired from WJR. One of the great broadcasters.