My Blog List

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Today, a new day is dawning at Westwood. Our new pastor start his new calling with us. I have worked with him this week and he seems to be a wonderful person. He seems easy to work with and very down to earth. Westwood has shrunk over the last 10+ years and is in need of new life to be pumped into it. We have taken time to look at ourselves, our calling to the community, and our relationship with God. There will be changes, and changes are difficult, but sometimes necessary. I will be learning to play as part of a praise team,( can you teach an old dog new tricks?), plus helping to maintain the old hymns, maybe in a livelier tempo. May God bless us a we renew are faith, in his honor and to his glory.

2 comments:

Clif Martin said...

Thanks for letting us (your vast readership)know about what's happening at Westwood, my friend. I surprise myself by not missing church anymore. Too old to deal with the huffing and puffing and struggling the churches are going through to remain viable in in a changing world. I admire you for giving it a good shot. May you still be doing it when you are an old fart like me.

dadderz said...

I don't know if age has anything to do with it. Some people question my intellegence or lack of. I just figure its like a new book, I'll keep reading it if it interest me, and put it down if it doesn't.