My Blog List

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

back again

After along time of nothing to say, just thought I would start up again.  Medical problems have been on the fore front .  My heart with it's 5 stints is now doing fine.  Two day before Thanksgiving I awoke from a nap unable to move anything from my neck on down.  After "millions" of test, nothing could be found.  It was like I had a stroke, but there was no eveidence of having one.  I was transfered to Saint Marys hospital is GrandRapids , and they could find nothing.  By this time my hand were back with tremors and with the help of a therapist my legs were starting to work. I was discharged to home and started physical and speech therapy. for the next 5 months I started to improve with a lot of hard work.  I still have no answers, just a lot of guesses. Just about everything is back except short term memory.  Some days my legs hold me up and some days they don't. My balance is still off so I use either a cane or a walker. Last visit to the neurologist showed nothing except to plan a needle test in three months. Although I see a psychiatrist for stress, they claim that in no way could stress could cause this. I am now taking things into my own hand and am trying to see a orthopedic surgeon. I have been told that i have had bulging disks and maybe this has something to do with this. My family doctor has to refer me to him before I can do anything. So now I have good days and bad days.

Our house insurance company will drop our coverage to F1 unless we re roof. We don't have the money, but it looks good for getting a grant. I can't get on my facebook because I couldn't remember my password to facebook or to the email acount that I formed the page from.  I think I might have it solved, I will know in 24 hours.

We have brought another dog into our house.  He is bulldog and american healer.  Vinny wanted his own dog, so I gave in.  Guess who gets to take care Leo.  He is 5 months old and very friendly, just not completely house broken. We had to get a tree cut down before it fell down, and we had to buy a new car last year. We went to New York last year to visit liz's aunt, and then down to Jersey to visit with Don and Akiko who have returned from Japan.  We now have a total of 5 grandchildren.

Because of damage done to the brain, I can't remember alot of things which has caused some problems.  Liz does her best to help me when i can't find the words.

Our church decided to shutdown.  We were not getting any younger people, and us older ones were dying off. Before we went broke we shut the doors and the RCA will try to transform this church to better serve this community.  The 70 or so of us will have to search for a new home church. The transformation to our church should take about a year. i assume alot of loud music and great lighting and sound system that will blast your ears off.

For the first time since last year the temperature is rising above 60.  It feels great.

Our stove decided to stop working, so my brother had one from a house he was turning.  It was in pretty rough shape.  A lot of elbow grease, sanding, and cleaning it looks like a brand new kitchen stove with everything working.

My computer quit and thanks to friends we were able to piece one together that is working pretty good.  The passwords I didn't write are lost in my brain forever.

For those who care, I think I am caught up.  A lot of work to do this summer for the body, the house, and the family.  With God's help we will make it through.

No comments: