My Blog List

Monday, November 17, 2008

The first snow fall is always pretty. Now it can go away. Yes, I know, I live in Michigan and can expect 6 months of this stuff.
I haven't written lately because nothing of significance has happened.
Last week, Liz and I went to small claims court. Liz won most of hers because the dentist had failed to get approval to do the the work. I lost mine with Mosleys. This did not surprise me. If you remember, Cody had a road test that went around the block and failed him because of one rolling stop. I presented our case with two things in mind. The tester was already heading back to the shop when the rolling stop occur ed. I claimed that he was already committing fraud by not planning on doing the whole test.(He was heading back, and had no intention of passing him at all) The judge ruled that no matter what, the tester has the right to end the test whenever he wants. I guess that gives them cart Blanche to break the law whenever they want. I also claimed that the state of Michigan has a guidelines for what is included in a test, and only a Small part was tested. Once again the judge ruled that the testers have the right to end the test whenever they want. In other words, the road testers have the right to commit fraud without any check and balance system. They can continue to charge for a road test that they have no intention to pass someone. This is the definition of fraud, getting something for nothing. This is something that the state of Michigan needs to change, but they won't.
Christmas will be tight for alot of people this year and we are included in this. Retailers are already bracing for a bad Christmas. I predict that there will be alot of business closing after Christmas. Most of these business won't get bailed out. The American auto makers can't make it and can't figure out why. Let's see. When foreign makers went years ago to economic and energy saving vehicles and the American automakers kept making big SUV's, gas guzzlers, and cars that cost more then most houses. The reason I bring this up, is that lawmakers once again dropped the ball. Lawmakers blame it on big business which blames it on lawmaker, when they are both in bed together. Government needs money, big business needs money, and the only people to pay is the taxpayers. One way or another, your wallet is being picked. If we bail out the automakers, or we don't, we will pay. Massive job losses will ill effect Michigan and put many auto associated business under. They were free to make massive profits, but cannot take a loss?
I could ramble on, but I won't. Our check and balance system wasn't followed and now we are in deep.

2 comments:

Clif Martin said...

Good to see you back again with your spirited commentary.Speaking of spirit, didn't we have fun in church last night with all them good old hymns and gospel songs. My "professional liberal" friends would have had massive coronaries

亜希子さんのパンダ熊でございます said...

Quite a few people miss the point that you have hit with your comment. The government does not, in and of itself, have any actual money. They only have what they take from us.
I agree, using it to bail out a handful of corporate buffoons who thought to compete with the Japanese automakers by squandering their own money and then turning beggar is a waste of borderline criminal proportions.
I'm all for that "I deserve it dividend" you spoke of earlier...