My Blog List

Monday, November 24, 2008

wow, more snow. I was playing in the snow with my little dog. She just has a panic in the snow, enjoying it like a child. I remember that joy as a child, back in the days when you would press your face against the window to watch the snow fall. We are really so lucky to have fresh white snow falling around us. This year could yield a lot of snow and we may never dig out of it. Maybe I will go out and build a snow fort, make now angels, and just shovel the drive.

This week is thanksgiving. It is customary for us to host thankgiving dinner, or lunch , or whatever. Trying to get everyone together on one day is an effort, but well worth it. When everyone is around the table, eating turkey, mashed patatoes, carrots, and just alot of food. By the time we sit down to eat, the Lions have already lost their game, but hopefully no one has lost their appetitie.

For years my parents use to host thanksgiving dinner, and before that we would visit my cousins house and celebrate Christmas and thankgiving with my Moms side of the family. We would end up playing tackle football in the snow. It was a day that we all looked forward to. I now look forward to it as our kids get older, married, and soon present grandchildren.

Life is great.

No comments: