My Blog List

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Shortness of breath, ache in shoulders and on left side, and blood pressure jumping all over the place. Most people would jump up and yell, "heart attack". In my world it is a little different. Last night I had one of my attacks. After laying down and taking my nitro, everything fell back in place. The blood pressure balanced out, and the pain and stiffness went away. The doctors call these angina attacks and usually are not a heart attack. If it doesn't subside after 2 0r 3 nitro tablets, then I am suppose to worry. I would be lying if I said it didn't scare me, and I know it scares Liz. She is usually burning up the phone lines with the doctors. By the time they call back, everything has calmed down, and their response is, "if you feel it is your heart, go into emergency or call an ambulance". I know that they can't diagnose over the phone, and by the time I do go in, everything is back to being fine, but in the mean time my mind has made the trip from "am I dying, or am I going nuts, to the point that this too will most likely to away". Now that my bloodpreasure has made the roller coaster ride, I am wiped out for about 24 hours.
I personally think it is God's way of telling me to slow down. I was busy yesterday and was thinking why I am disabled? This is why I am not at work and can't work. Everytime I think I am ok, and try pushing myself, the old heart jumps up and Say's "No way Hosea".
I am sitting back taking it easy today. This can also drive me crazy because I have so much to do and only I can do it.

No comments: