My Blog List

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

What a happy day

I've been listening to the song and get excited everytime I hear it. God has truely made everyday a happy day. The last few months I have argued with everyone. I have argued with smart people, and not so smart people. I have argued about sports and politics and about who is right and who is wrong. My wife and children have said that I have been much more argumentative since my last heart attack. I have been told by doctors that this is common with heart patients and is nothing to worry about. I hate retirement, restriction because of medical reason and money, and I wish this was a normal retirement with more money then I could ever spend. I wish I could play golf everyday, buy my wife everything she needs in life and be there financially for my kids. I watch my kids struggle at times to get their life and carreers on track in an economy that sucks and I can't do much to help. Somedays I feel like a one legged man at a butt kicking contest, and yes, that pissis me off. Yesterday started out that way, I was pissed at the world, pissed at God, and anyone who wanted to get in my way I would be pissed at them. The day was starting out with doctors visit for Liz and I, what could be better. Along with the heart problems, there may be skin cancer problems. Liz is worried for me, and still trying to come to terms with her past. I am worried for her, worried for my kids, and worried about me. Then a wise man put my mind at ease. He did not say a word, butgave me more information and peace then I have had in a long time. He is my grandson, Vincente Steven Donald Peacock. He is almost 5 months old and has the biggest smile that you will ever see. I got to spend a few hours with my grandson and he changed my outlook from bad to great. All of my problems and concerns are still there, but that cute smile of recognition on his face make this a happy day. Thank you God for kids and grandchildren. They help put our lives into the right perspective.
I now know that God has forced me to slow my life down. Without lifes problems, I would be to busy to enjoy lifes gifts. I watch other parents raising their kids and remembered that I was to busy to truely enjoy them growing up. If any of my heart attacks would have been fatal, this joy could not be shared. Thank you God.
I woke up this morning, I have a wife who loves me and is more then I deserve, and now have time to do things with her, and sometimes that means just sitting and talking. O HAPPY DAY. I am not to busy to do that.

No comments: