My Blog List

Saturday, February 11, 2012

I loved my Hyundai 2001 xg300 until the front end collapsed just before going on the highway. My wife and my daughter who is 9 months pregnant were in the car.  If this had happened on the highway the results would have been a lot worse.  The front end collapsed, broke the the axle and a whole bunch of other stuff in the front end.  The right front wheel was pushed into the wheel well and bent up the front quarter panel so that the passenger side door is hard to open. The transmission is also having problems.  Betten Hyundai in Muskegon Michigan says that the front axle is most likely broken as well as other damage.My wife and I are on a fixed income, we are both on disability(SSI) and do not have extra money.  We also watch a grandson six days of the week and need transportation as this is our only car. The car is part of a recall and I have already talked to Gary at Ext 54348. Without even looking at it, Betten has said that we will most likely have to pay for the extra damage.  I don't even know for sure how much damage was done to the frame as well as the sub frame and even if this can be repaired. Right now I have a million worries and questions and few answers

This is the email I sent to Hyundai and I will continue to correspond until the problem is taken care of properly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is unreal. Thanking God your family was not on the highway.

Unknown said...

Brother, your situation is one of millions identical to it. Mine is the same. Breaking down vehicle, 2 newborn grandchildren to see after, I'm just going back to school, living alone, and all on the same income you're on. Guess who gets me through every day without fail? God! That car still goes while it's pushing it's 320,000 mile (it's a FORD). Transmission is going out. What will I do without money for repairs or replacement? I won't do a thing. But God will! We're safe in His care, trust Him.