My Blog List

Friday, October 10, 2008

I need to write a book. What happens around our house could make a best seller. Those of you who follow my post(Lord Knows why) know that this year we took guardianship of a 17 year old, had three marriages of my kids, my wife has been hospitalized, and I've had on going heart problems. I had thought that after the last wedding, things would calm down, but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I have a quack dentist taking us to small claim court for work that he botched back in 2002. That same day we have to appear in small claims because of Mosley driving school. They failed Cody after just driving around the block. I paid for a full road test, highway driving etc., and got a drive around the block. I stopped payment on that check. Cody went fishing this week and got a ticket from the DNR because he caught salmon from a trout stream. This stream was not marked. This ticket could cost up to 700 Dollars.
Last night Lindseys female friend was arrested because of unpaid fines and driving on a suspended licence. On her way to help out her friend she was pulled over by Roosevelt Park's finest. I had sighed the car over to her, but her boyfriend a stolen the title . I went down to DNV last week and reported it lost, and they issued a new title. I had asked them what would happen if someone else used the first title to try to gain plates, and they assured me that there would be no problem. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Her boyfriend had used the title and went down and got new plates for the car, and since the plate now didn't match up, they were going to arrest Lindsey and the people in her car, impound the car and give Lindsey a ticket to appear in court. At one am in the morning I had to get out of bed, find my paperwork, and try to stop them from impounding the car. I was successful in avoid having the car impounded,no arrests, also talked him out of towing the car to our house (me paying the tow charge), and was able to drive the car home. The officer took the licence plate and still gave Lindsey the ticket to appear.
On top of all this, Cody wanted to drive to BayCity for a family reunion. I had to come up with $100.00 for a round trip ticket on Greyhound.
On top of this, we have another child with family problems that needs a place to stay. Her mother and father don't want her, but they don't want her living at home unless she gets a job, and give them all the money. She is still in high school.
For those of you who know us, we have always had an open door policy, and our home has always been a safe haven for trouble kids, and other friends of our children. Instead of running the streets at night, they have a safe place to stay.
Those of you who think I'm crazy, raise your hands.

1 comment:

Clif Martin said...

My hand is raised. I don't know if it's to declare you bonkers or to reach up to the cupboard where I keep the super strength headache pills I need after reading about your life.