My Blog List

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Most of us don't remember 1929. Many of us will remember 2001. 2001 was the last recession and 1929 was the last depression. Yesterday was the first time I have seen these two dates mentioned together in a same article. Our great financial figures are now starting two use these two dates. If you were to look back a ways in my blog history you would find I predicted this. Little ole me, who can hardly balance a check book, little ole me who thinks the word prime is what you do to a pump to get it to work. Now these wizards of wall street are starting to use word like recession and depression. They were afraid that if they used these words, it would then happen. Our fragile economy can be crushed by a careless use of a word? This isn't just happening folk, this has been happening for a while. People have been making fortunes off speculations. I call it capitalism gone amok. The one's who defend an unfettered free enterprise system are getting bailed out. You don't fix a problem by throwing dollars at it, dollars just burn and fuel the problem.

No comments: