My Blog List

Monday, October 06, 2008

Unbelievable. My oldest daughter got married this weekend. This was two weeks after my oldest son got married. Being the parents of the bride, we had to pay to Lions share. Along with that we paid a bunch of Donald and Akikos and the first wedding we paid in full. In other words, I'm happy, and broke.
The rehearsals and wedding went off relatively without a flaw. By the end of the reception, I was in no shape to drive, or even walk and talk. I enjoyed myself to the fullest. I haven't drank that much, smiled that much, and danced that much in a long time. I guess the women wanted to dance with the drunk fat man. What the hell, I am so proud of my daughter, and so happy for her that I wanted to enjoy it to the end. Since I was paying for it............ it was party time. Liz was fantastic through the whole thing. She started to pick up at the end, and in her sweet way got everyone helping to clean up. We didn't get home until around 4am. (I think)
Catherine was absolutely beautiful and was the happiest that I've ever seen her. I was so proud walking her down the isle. My little girls was not playing dress up this time. One half of our family is married. Lindsey and Cody still have to get married, and hopefully that won't happen for a while.
I was upset that only about half of the people that rsvp ed didn't show up. I will try to save much of the food, and store the paper products until the next party.

No comments: