My Blog List

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

In discussions with an Atheist one thing kept popping up in my mind. Why does this person attacks all Christians, bundles them all together and tries to use science to attack faith.
Many examples on how pure science is a recipe for disaster. How about a person who got convicted of rape 20 years ago. Science and everyone said that he did it. It was impossible to contradict the scientific facts, yet 20 years later DNA absolutely proves this persons innocence. Science wasn't wrong back then, just wasn't as advanced as it is now. Science has a way to go before it can start to compare itself to the Lord God Almighty. When you look at early Christianity, some extremist burned witches at the stake. Years later we are much smarter.
The greatest flaw in the argument between Atheism and Christianity is the human factor. Not all Atheist are alike as well as Christian being the same. Free will make this impossible and thank God we are all different. I respect and agree with some scientist that disagree with the age of the earth. Yes I do question the age and do keep an open mind to it. I also don't worship the book called the Bible, but I do worship God, two completely different things. Once again the human element comes into play. Some Christians defend the Bible by saying that the word DAY in Hebrew means, "an unterminated amount of time." Does that give me complete confidence in the age of the world? no, but it does not change my faith because we are talking about two different things.
One Atheistic article went to the extreme of asking the question about God. If I am a Christian who has lost his legs and I pray to God for him to give me new legs just like the ones I had before, why can't a God who can do anything give me my legs? These fall under the question that we are not advance enough to know the answer, other then the famous standby, "Gods Will", or "God is using it to straighten your faith" etc......... Sometimes we just don't have all the answers like the DNA example I used earlier. When you want to discuss accuracies or inaccuracies in the Bible I can see that, I don't worship the book called "The Bible". That would make it an idol and God said not to worship anyone but him. I have questions with the Catholics who worship using saints and statues.
In everything there is no final answer, no one knows all the answers and all people can't be put into one categories except human. I stop reading when a author starts lumping everything together and will ignore this as a attempt to shortcut to an easy answer. This is disrespectful to science and all those scientist who have worked hard to get answers.
All living things are growing which include faiths, science and human behavior. To disrespect this is closeminded as well as trying to make scripture or science win a disscussion of faith.

No comments: