My Blog List

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

This past Sunday, I heard a pastor refer to God as man or women. I believe that this is the most ignorant statement I have ever heard. Quoting from the bible, "God is a spirit, and those who worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." Once again you have the ignorant reply that" Man was made in the image of God." If you take that passage literally, than women was made in the image of man, because she came from Adam's rib. Why then is women different then man? God is not gender based. We call God "him" for the same reason we call a ship, "her". Our small intellect has no other way of discerning.

The same people come up with idea that homosexuality is right. The Bible clearly states that this is a sin. Do you then hate the gay person? Let's see, "We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." Of course you don't hate or ignore the gay person. The same as you don't hate and ignore all people who have sinned.

Let's not make our faith more complicated. Love God, and love each other.

Now that I have that off my chest, I can smile again.

1 comment:

Clif Martin said...

Wow! You are really smokin today.I had to let my computer cool off after your post. I no longer get freaked about the feminization of God, but I did go nuts when a bunch of women marched around the church banging their drums in tribute to a pagan goddess.