My Blog List

Friday, January 27, 2012

Thinning down the junk

It is amazing how quickly the junk can accumulate. This April, we will have been in this house 5 years. We have had as much as 6 people living here, and at times, just down to the two of us. I finally have myself an office, my daughter and her son live in one bedroom, the den and the living room need updating. The house just got new siding and new windows. This takes time because we got no money. All of our furniture is used, but comfortable. We, my wife and I, are both on disability and fight hard to make ends meet. Our unexpected health problems drained our retirement and we were "legally" conned out of our last house which was almost paid for. The reason I bring this up is that I tend to hang on to things longer then usually in hopes that I can re use it. This is nothing like the TV show "hoarders", but we do have a lot of stuff. Our children have not fully moved out. My son and his wife are in Japan, so we are storing their stuff, my one daughter and her husband are living in an apartment so they are space deprived, and my youngest daughter and her son live 80% of the time with us. You might think that I am complaining, but I am not. Our kids payed for our trip to Japan,and because my grandson lives with us, we had our house de leaded and new windows put in. A very good friend gave us a used baby grand piano, and SSI has kept us from being in the gutter. We get to watch our grandson grow up, and look forward to the birth of our 3rd grandchild. I just get frustrated at times that I can't get things done right away. Through it all, God has been great to us, bit I digress from the point. What junk do I keep and what do I need to throw out, how do I save up for newer furniture for the living room, how to re do the kitchen and the two baths, plus do the need repairs on the car, and need a new roof. I guess I can reuse the junk.

1 comment:

calcular tasa interes said...

Thanks on your marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you could be a great author.I will make certain to bookmark your blog and may come back down the road. I want to encourage you to continue your great posts, have a nice day!