My Blog List

Thursday, January 26, 2012

This winter season has been really strange. In October and November, Liz and I were in Japan where the weather was beautiful for most part. Since we have returned in December, we have only had a few snow storms and the temp has been around freezing, mostly above freezing. We are way below our average for snow fall and well above normal for temperature.
Yesterday, Tom Izzo (basketball coach @ Michigan State University) recorded his 400th victory. This is one of the class acts of all sports. I would love to sit and talk basketball with this guy more then anyone else. The minute I think that I have figured him out, something new comes to light. He is refreshing everytime to see him.
Joe Paterno will be laid to rest today. I met Joe and talked with him about 20 years ago. The company I was working with had invited the coach to give a motivational speach. So many good things he did for college football to have it all end with one glaring mistake of ommission. I wish to remember him in the 15 min. or so that him and I talked alone.
My Detroit Tigers have beefed up their lineup for a run at the world series. I have enjoyed watching them play. The Detroit Piston, I have not watched at all this year. My reasons, other then that they are really bad, is that Pro Basketball went on strike against its fans, and now I am returning the favor. The Detroit Lions had a great year and are building for the future and are fun to watch. The Detroit Redwings (hockey) are also doing good, but I'm not a hockey fan. With all this said, college sports have been more entertaining this year.

No comments: