My Blog List

Friday, October 06, 2006





It was sad new this week about another school shooting. This has been and will continue to be a problem. I pulled my daughter out of Mona Shore High School because of death threats, kids carrying knifes and box cutters, and un authorized people roaming the halls. Drugs are readily available and the administration does nothing. They are a problem waiting to happen and I pray that they will get smart soon. These are not days of old. Time have changed and so must we.

This may sound like a real sexist remark, but so be it. Most of our problems started when both parents had to go to work. This started with the women movement. I have no problem with women working, but when this started, there was no consideration for the children. Now you have two equally important jobs, and no one to watch over the kids. Now that the baby boom is over, there will be a shortage of jobs, because of less demand. Household incomes will drop, and the middle and lower class will lose out.

Your elected officials then raise the minimum wage. This is great, except that everything else will go up. If an employer has to pay his employees more, he will raise his prices, not cut into his profit. Many companies just hire part time help. They don't have to pay benifits.

You women may have come a long way, but it all about greed to the males.

Politicians just want to be the fat cats.

1 comment:

dadderz said...

I AM NOT DADDERZ BECAUSE I AM MOMMERZ. THERE IS A LOT OF TRUTH TO BE SAID IN YOU POSTING. BUT WE ARE OLD FASHION WHERE I WAS HOME WHEN THE KIDS GOT OUT OF SCHOOL. NOW THE GUILT EATS AT ME THAT THE LAST 4 YEARS I HAVE NOT BEEN THERE FOR LINDSEY, WHEN SHE NEEDED ME. I AM TRYING TO MAKE THAT RIGHT. DONALD AND CATHERINE ARE THE FIRST TO POINT OUT HOW DIFFERENT SHE HAS BEEN RAISED. WE LEARN MORE EACH DAY AND I AM SORRY IT REFLECTS IN OUR WORK. ALL THREE OF OUR CHILDREN ARE SPOILED AND THEY MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY. BUT YOU CANT TELL ME ANY DIFFERENT. I PRAY EVERY NIGHT THAT THEY EACH MAY FIND THE TRUE LOVE AND HAPPINESS THAT WE HAVE, THEN MAYBE I WILL FEEL MY WORK AT HOME WAS THE RIGHT CHOICE, BUT UNTIL THE DAY I DIE I WILL WORRY ABOUT THEM AND WANT TO MAKE THEIR WORLD ALL BETTER. SO I AM NOT SURE IF STAYING HOME WITH THE KIDS IS THE BEST ANSWER IT WAS OUR CHOICE AND WE WERE LUCKY ENOUGH THAT I COULD STAY HOME AND TEACH THEM VALUES THAT ARE DEEP IN THEIR CHARATER AND THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO CUZ IT IS IN THERE FROM A YOUNG AGE. THE JUMPING IN MUD PUDDLES, RIDING BIKES JUST AFTER A DOWN POUR OF RAIN. SNOW ANGLES IN THE FRONT YEAR, SNOW FORTS SO WE COULD HAVE SNOWBALL WARS GUYS AGAINST THE GIRLS. THE GIRLS ALWAYS WON BECAUSE WE MADE THE HOT COCCO. HALLOWEEN AND TAKING TURNS BRINGING THE KIDS AROUND AND THEN BEING BRAVE AS EACH ONE WANTED TO VENTURE OUT ON THEIR OWN WITH THEIR FRIENDS. I DONT KNOW IF THINGS WOULD BE DIFFERENT WITH THEM IF WE BOTH WERE AT WORK AND CAME HOME AT 5:30 ONLY TO FIND THEM SITTING IN FRONT OF THE TV AND NO HOME WORK DONE. I GUESS THAT WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY IS THAT WHAT IS DONE IN ONE FAMILY IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT FOR THE NEXT, EVENTHOUGH I AGREE WITH YOU.
BY THE WAY YOU WERE REALLY GOOD TONIGHT AND DONALD SOUNDED EXCELLENT.