My Blog List

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I know that I haven't blog lately. Alot has been going on.
I am now completely retired. I quit the part time janitorial job. When you work for the church you are attending it is very hard. The job had fit my condition very well, but along came someone else who wanted the job, and the demands on me were tripled, so much to the point it was effecting my heart and my soul. Obviously this takes a chunk out of our income, so we had to make cutbacks.
Liz and I are starting the YMCA to try to get in better shape. With both of us with health limitations, I think we will start up slowly.
We visited Unity church last week, as we explore the possibility and changing churches. We were warmly greeted, but their piano player is very different. I will try to stay updated to all those thousands of people that read this blog.

2 comments:

Clif Martin said...

Old friend, I feel your pain at leaving a church that once was such an important part of your life. I feel a bit of guilt at not supporting Louie and Earlaine at Unity, but I no longer feel a need to be involved in any church. Definitely not looking for one that suits me.

dadderz said...

I look at what a church has to offer spiritually, and emotionally. Are the people there for a motive other then praising God. If they say that this is their only motivation, I'm leaving. If they are there to help others grow along with themselves then they have my interest. Going to church will not decide if I get into heaven, but maybe it will help someone else get there. Cliff, It is wonderful to here from you my friend.