My Blog List

Monday, July 28, 2008

Great friends with great Stories.

I was thinking this morning how fortunate I have been to have such great friends. Without naming names, here are a few,

One friend collects motorcycles, used pianos to refinish, cars, houses, and all other kinds of collectibles. This gentle man would give you the shirt off his back in a snowstorm. His kindness and generosity is unmatched and yet he goes pretty much unnoticed. I could go on forever, but I will leave that to another blog.

Another friend is a retired radio man. This guy has the best radio voice I have ever heard. He is an organist who has played just about any organ you can describe. Recently he received a Hammond Organ to put under his Betty Paige poster. He also has an old radio to remind him of his glory days. ( He doesn't need reminding, he is still in his glory days). He collects old ties and great stories. You could sit and listen to him forever.

I have just scratched the surface on just two of many great friends who have great stories. What binds us together? Besides the love of God, county, family and friends it is the interesting stories they share.

1 comment:

Clif Martin said...

Those two friends must be really special. sounds like they should be nominated for sainthood. they've got my vote.