My Blog List

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Here we go again....... I still have more to say about this past weekend. During the reception, we gathered around the piano and of course I was asked to play. We had other instruments joining in. I suddenly remember an old song from 1963. The name of the song was"Sukiyaki". It was a number one song in the USA and was sung all in Japanese. Once I started playing it, all the Japanese people gathered around and started singing. They were all very happy and surprised that I would know that song. Through translaters I finally found out what the song means. The name of the song was put on by some American that could not speak Japanese. The only word they could speak was "Sukiyaki" which means food. The true words of the song means to walk with your head towards the sky so that your tears would not touch the ground. They had a great laugh when I told them what the song was named over here.
I guess later, the Japanese released an English version, but it was never released over here. It's no wonder they didn't release it over here after putting that title on it.

No comments: