My Blog List

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Did you ever have those times when everything goes wrong. This past month has been one of those times. It started with Liz having two surgeries, I had one to remove a growth. The dryer broke, and we need a new one. This one was almost as old as me.
Yesterday, in the pouring rain, the transmission on our only car blew up. Fortunately with the help of Louis and Earlaine, we were able to get Liz and Lindsey back and forth from school, car towed into the mechanic, and the purchase of a second vehicle. Today I went a licenced it, and now I have my first pickup truck. A $500.00 beauty. Louie and I worked on it last night, and now hopefully it will last a while. Its not real pretty, but she gets the job done. The mechanics are looking for a new transmission,or used, for the 2001 Stratus. This will definitely crimp the check book. I could bitch a moan about it all, but there are far more good sides to this story. The car broke down just a few blocks from home. Earlaine just happened to come by, and Louie helped out in the best possible way. Without Louie and Earlaines help, yesterday would have been alot worse. God was looking out for us through some very special friends.

1 comment:

Clif Martin said...

Anyone who knew all the good things Louie and Earlaine do would be very careful not to utter a critical word about either of them. They are good people.