My Blog List

Sunday, October 21, 2007

It is 7:30 am on Sunday morning and I'm waiting for my newspaper to arrive. I have to leave in a half hour to open up Westwood for morning worship. Yesterday, a bunch of the members joined together to clean the inside and outside of the church. We do this twice a year and do major projects that I don't have the time to do. (Painting, edging, storing stuff, and throwing away stuff that has been stored to long etc...) Last night I spent 3 hours cleaning up after the people who came in to clean. Seems redundant doesn't it, but these people all see the big picture, and don't realize that I have to re- vacuum everything, and re clean bathrooms. What they don't realize is that the church is looking to cut the janitors position because of lack of funds. This will mean that volunteers will be needed to clean the church. If they don't cut the janitors position, there is the secretaries job, in which they will need volunteers and once a gain that job should be safe. The next cut would be the organist/choir directors job. Many feel that this can be substituted by cds. Good luck on this one. Another choice would be making the pastors job a part time position. The RCA would not allow this to happen, which in that case the church should not pay its 10 grand a year for membership. Lets see which of those choices the RCA would like. The bottom line is, if Lizs janitorial position is cut, this will be the third hit from the church financially. Liz had kids hope, and janitorial and I has choir director. On top of this, Liz lost her regular job at Wesco, and they continue to fight unemployment. We still have my social security, but who knows what politician will try to take that away. Thank God that Liz has less then a year to go in school before she graduates and gets a professional job. I, meanwhile, have volunteered to coach the Muskegon Technical Academy Boys Varsity Basketball team for free. We are starting up a new program, and I have to coach, set up scheduling, try to find uniforms, and establish this program. Well it's 7:55 and I have to get going. See you later.

No comments: