My Blog List

Saturday, October 27, 2007

It is Saturday morning, it is cool, rainy, and I have to put up storm windows. Yes, I have to take down the screen and put up the storms. Summer has just flown by once again and soon that four letter word will be upon us. Yes, I'm talking about SNOW. The blizzards, the sleet, the ice, and the dirty snow. Before we get the joy of shoveling this white blessing, we get to rake leaves. I keep praying that mine will all blow away. No such luck. When I bought this house, my kids all said that they would take care of the yard. No one home but Liz and I. I will finish putting up the storm, and raking the leave and then get the lecture on how a heart patient isn't suppose to do this. If my wife reads this, she will get mad at me for bringing up this topic and I will remind her that she is still on restrictions from her surgery. My wife and all my kids are allergic to the outdoors which means that I am the only one left to do the yard work. Let it be known, that I enjoy the outdoor work, and am well aware of when I should stop and let the old ticker have a rest. Never the less, here I go.

1 comment:

Mommerz said...

Oh sweetheart, I helped with the storm windows and I will do the leaves. You can get them into a big old pile (jump in them if you want) and then I will bag them up. There is a reason why we bought you a big blower for the leaves, too bad it does not work on snow. I would not lecture you on what you know oh so well!!!! By the way the six weeks are up and so are my restrictions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!