My Blog List

Sunday, July 18, 2010

MEDICINE, STILL A PRACTICE.

Jim Fix was in super shape. He was a world class runner, perfect shape, ate healthy, had his cholesterol in the perfect range and was enjoying life. He was a marathon runner that many people idolized and yet he dropped dead of a heart attack. He was a victim of CAD (coronary heart decease). Why did his arteries plug up? Medicines answer, "We don't know". This is not a slap at medicine, because without their accomplishments I would not be here today. I am not debating the God vs. science argument as that has been argued far to long.
Everyone seems to have an answer for heart disease, but people keep dying from it. People who don't have it seem to think they have the most answers, until it hits them. Some of these people will recover with no further problems while others will struggle with it the rest of their lives. Some people will smoke their whole lives and have no problem while some people will not smoke at all, and struggle with lung disease. How many so called experts on healthy diets have died prematurely. How many diets are there out there that claim to be the one? Pharmaceutical companies all claim to have the right pill for your condition. How many people die after having a successful stress test? Medicine and science have come a long way and accomplished great things never seen before but there is so much they don't know.
My cardiologist told me that during my recent heart event, er doctors with all their machine and knowledge know less then 10% of what is happening. Their job is to stabilize until answers can be found. After what seemed like dozens of test, they found a 98% blockage during my recent heart event. It wasn't until the anagram that the problem was found. During these 24+ hours I kept wondering if it was all in my head, thus leaving me with alot of stress. One year ago I was admitted with the same symptoms and nothing was found. I was diagnosed with having an event and sent home after spending 2 days in ICU. In other words, the doctor were stumped even though they were convince I was having a heart attack.
I've tried to return to work but my heart issues keep getting in the way to the point that even small part times jobs are hazardous to my health. I am on disability because of this which angers my brothers and sisters.
The reason I bring this all up is to start a discussion that the republican right wing says are us people living off the government. Why social security is not as black and white as they want it to be. According to them, I am the lazy people living off the government.

No comments: