My Blog List

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Trying to get fit. I was serious about losing weight and started to work out at the YMCA. After a month of working out lightly, I have a heart attack and heart surgery. Now I am back to exercise at cardiac rehab trying to get back in shape. Does this seem like I'm going in circles? Every time I try to get back in shape, I end up with more heart problems. All the good tasting food out there, I can't have because of the dangers to my heart. I am reduced to a vegetarian who has fish and chicken once in a while, no alcohol, no stress and hopefully lost weight.
This is so confusing.

3 comments:

Jo said...

One of my favorite dinners is a nice Italian salad with a pomegranate basalmic vinegar and olive oil dressing and a chicken breast that has been marinated in Italian seasonings grilled and sliced on top.

JStressman said...

Could they narrow down what might have caused the blockage?

eg; could it have been the diet causing the blockage in spite of you trying to get back in better shape over all?

While you do have to deal with a bit more caloric intake while working out, you still need to watch what it is that you actually eat... especially for us older folks (and you being quite my senior in that department).

I know it sucks, but that's part of the aging process. :) Maybe check and see if the advice of people like Jo is ok with your doctors... you can still have wonderful meals even when you're watching your diet and your heart. :)

Good luck.

dadderz said...

Thank you Justin and Jo. I have what they call CAD. Most of the colesterol medicine I have an adverse reaction to. One of the other major causes is stress and in these times, that is very hard to control. Even with weight loss, stress control and exercise, there is no cure for CAD. I am more frustrated that it seems that the harder I try, the farther I go backwards.